Friday 4 January 2008

Lisa Brooksbank - St Helens









Lisa Brooksbank is the Barnsley BNP candidate for the St Helens Ward; she is 37 years old, has two lovely children and she resides within the Barnsley borough. Barnsley Nationalist asked her the following few questions.


When did you first get involved in Nationalism?
I suppose I’ve always been a nationalist, although at first I was probably a civic nationalist. I’ve always had a strong interest in our history and culture and in the changing face of our country today. It was probably the current problems that our nation is facing that brought me to realise that I am actually an ethno nationalist.

How did you get involved with the BNP in Barnsley?
The Barnsley organiser at the time, Paul Harris canvassed my house; he asked if I would consider voting for the BNP, to which I replied “Yes definitely”. I bought my first VOF from him and after reading it I was disgusted with what was going on in my country and with the lack of coverage by the mainstream media. I bought 2 or 3 more VOF’s from Ian Sutton who is the candidate for the ward where I resided, before I approached him to see if there was any sort of meetings etc that I could attend. I wanted to learn as much as possible about the party.

How did you become a candidate for the BNP?
It was at my second meeting that one of the speakers, Marlene Guest had me in tears; her speech was so emotional and struck a chord with everything I stand for and believe in. Once the meeting was over I asked Paul and Ian if I could stand as a candidate in the next election. They asked me to think about it for a while and be certain that I was making the right decision. It wasn’t long before I contacted them to confirm my intentions.

Weren’t you apprehensive about standing?
It might be surprising but, no. I was proud to be standing. The support I got from family, friends and neighbours was fantastic, that alone gave me a great moral boost and fired up my determination.

What was your result and will you be standing again?
My result was great, considering that I had no time to do any work in the ward; I got 311 votes which was 16.7% of the total vote. The result proved to me that the electorate are waking up and are realising what problems lay ahead, so this reassured me that the BNP are needed within Barnsley. I am looking forward to representing the Party in the next elections.

We understand you are quite active within the Party and spend a considerable amount of time ‘out in the field’ so to speak.
Yes, in between work and being a mother to two lovely kids I donate all my spare time to the party, canvassing, leafleting or selling VOF’s. There is much to be done to save our town, so I don’t mind doing any work that will help Barnsley BNP go forward.

Have you come across any problems while you have been involved in your activism?
Yes, the so called anti BNP activists who don’t really understand what we stand for have tried to deter me now on two separate occasions. I had a table kicked into me in the town centre and on the second occasion I was pushed over by some lads, both these incidents happened while selling papers. However, whilst on the streets leafleting and canvassing I have only experienced the odd insult and negative response.

But you are still here.
I am not going anywhere. Their actions have only strengthened my support for the Party and made me more determined to achieve my goal. Once we start to get Councillors in the town hall, we can make Barnsley people more aware of what the Communists parading under the Labour Party banner are actually doing to our town.

What are your long term plans?
The BNP needs Councillors in every town and borough, we also need MP’s, not only here in the UK but also in Europe, that is until we have enough power to get us out of the hellhole. So I will continue with the fight to take the BNP forwards, regardless of what obstacles are thrown in our path. I have children and I want them to have a future, a safe future under British Law, not European and certainly not Sharia law.

0 comments: